This year INSIGHT presented a line upgrade, related both to formulas and product packaging, oriented towards a greater environmental sustainability of the Insight project.
Let's see below what has changed:
- No MIT
- MIT's are preservatives that have become the subject of controversy, Hence we’ve decided to use some alternative preservative systems. In particular, we use a biodegradable mixture of fruit acids for all our shampoos. For masks and conditioners instead we use a preservative mixture composed of Benzyl Alcohol and a naturally derived softening agent, Glyceryl Laurate.
- VEGAN OK Certification
- Coinciding with the updating of the preservative system, the entire INSIGHT hair line has been VEGAN OK certified, including INCOLOR. This standard was established to foster the dissemination of a culture of respect for life and the environment, also in favour of those who are not vegans or vegetarians, so that such values can be a common heritage for all. Therefore, buying a product bearing the VEGAN OK logo on the label, the consumer implicitly receives a guarantee from the manufacturer that the product does not contain animal components and so it did not directly involve exploitation and killing of animals.
- NICKEL TESTED finished products
- All our formulas are nickel tested, ‹ 0.5 PPM, to guarantee greater safety in case of hypersensitivity.
We chose to use 100% post-consumer recycled PET for all bottles and jars of the INSIGHT line.
What does it mean to use recycled PET?
- to protect the environment
- to reduce carbon dioxide emissions: for every kg of recycled PET up to 3 kg of CO2 are spared!
- to save energy: by manufacturing products from recycled PET it is possible to achieve a 50% energy savings, reducing costs and limiting harm to the environment.
…all the caps of our jars are made of 100% recycled PP.
…all our tubes are made of a bio-based material derived from sugar cane.
LABELS: RECYCLED PET AND RAFCYCLE®
All labels of Insight products in bottles or jars are made of a material that has a minimum content of 25% recycled PET resin.
Moreover, we joined the RafCycle® project, sponsored by UPM Raflatac, a program developed for the recovery and valorization of scraps of labels throughout their life cycle.
Who is UPM Raflatac?
UPM Raflatac is a global leader in the production and supply of films and self-adhesive labeling papers.
What is RafCycle?
This is an innovative recycling concept based on the reuse of scraps generated from adhesive label s to create new materials.
RafCycle® recovers the byproducts of adhesive labels, destined for incineration or disposal in landfills, and transforms them, giving them a new lease on life. It also reduces the amount of waste to be disposed of in landfills and offers countless advantages to printers, packagers and other operators in the label sector and, of course, to the environment.
Processing waste from labels - scraps and matrices - are recovered and destined for waste-to-energy conversion at the UPM paper mills and used as fuel.
Thanks to a technologically advanced process, siliconized backing paper is recovered and sent for recycling at the UPM paper mill to be transformed into new cellulose that will become new paper.
Last but not least, our packaging now also represents us with a message that identifies our philosophy:
- LOVE for Nature and Planet
- CARE yourself
- LIFE in the Natural Connection
- FEEL your inner beauty
Stay tuned....evolution doesn't stop there!